Sunday, August 4, 2013

...And The Liebster Award Goes To

I received an award last week. Why did I receive this award? Well, read on more to find out of course.

Lisa over @ her Button Brain blog , Twitter, & Facebook, nominated me a Liebster award. Its an award given to emerging bloggers.

What is a Liebster award? “A Liebster award is given to support and recognise up and comer bloggers who have less than 200 followers (on their blog) or Facebook likes on their FB page. The word “Liebster” traces it's German origins and is reported to mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
 
By following these basic rules (answer 11 questions set by your nominee, write 11 additional facts about yourself, write 11 new questions of your own and pass the award onto 11 other bloggers to answer) it enables readers to get to know new bloggers and connect with a wider audience.”

 



So, I have accepted the award (of course) and taken on the challenge and here are Lisa's questions and my answers ... 


1. Pink Or Red 
Red. It's bold, full on and I appreciate that at times. Reflects certain parts of my personality.


2. What is one thing you would love to learn how to do?
 Play a six string acoustic guitar. I just have never spent enough time trying to learn the bastard!

3. What is the last thing you do before you go to bed?
 Before closing my eyes I have usually read something interesting on my iPhone 5, usually a blog post, an article, a news item or a wiki entry. I totally geek out before sleeping.


4. When do you do your best work?
 Usually in the late mornings after having coffee.


5. What would you ask for as your last meal?
 Beef Porterhouse steak, Belgian chocolate, Truffles, Triple chocolate thickshake.


6. If you could spend a day with any person on the planet who would it be with and why?
 If he was alive it would have been Nicola Tesla. Much of our concept of the use of electricity (and hence a lot of the emergent technology in the last 120 years) is attributed to the research of Thomas Edison. Yet it was with the breakthroughs and dedicated research ( and even some of his strange and mad concepts) by Tesla we can attest for much of our electrical and modern technology. If Edison was back then the Bill Gates of his day, then Tesla was Steve Jobs.

7. What food do you hate?
 Brussel Sprouts, its like eating, wet, three week old garbage. End of story.
 
8. What was your favourite childhood toy?
 Meccano! Followed closely by Lego, bot are just so versatile with mechanics and childhood building concepts.

9. Your favourite high school memory is...?
 My first girlfriend.

10. What superpower do you wish you could have ? (I love this question so I'm borrowing it)
 Instantaneous Teleportation. I fly on planes, but I am not really fond of flying.

11. You have to leave your house in five minutes, and never come back. Your kids and pets are safe. What 5 material possessions are you going to grab?
 Mobile phone, digital camera, digital video camera, laptop, desktop computer.




11 other facts about me you may not know...

1. I beatbox. I am not very good at it or hold any illusion I am the next Joel Turner or Beardyman, but my darling daughter loves it. Kangaroo Mum, not so much.

2. I can do many celebrity voices. Some of those voices are good. Some are very good. Many voices, I will never, ever nail it. No matter how hard I try, there are some voices I will just not ever get down pat. One I am working on is imitating to sound like Jason Statham, but currently it sounds much more like Ray Winstone. My personal favourite is Don LaFontaine (you know, that guy known as 'the movie voice over guy!')

3. I am a movie buff. I have watched over a 2,000 movies. Some of those more than once!

4. My favourite colour is blue.

5. I don't watch much free to air television. I average 3 hours a week.

6. I struggle with arachnophobia.

7. When I was 15 I was hit by a car on my way home riding from school. I was thrown 6 metres but came out of it with nary a scratch. The driver was scared as apparently I stood up and started laughing rather than screaming in pain. Probably also accounts for my good looks...

8. My first international overseas trip as an adult was at the age of 40.

9. I am more comfortable in a t-shirt and trakkies than jeans and shirts.

10. I can cook, but I will not be the next Masterchef.

11. I have lived in three countries and four states of Australia.
 
Right, OK It's my turn to pick some bloggers and provide them some questions...
 
1. You are in The Matrix. Are you Neo, Morpheus, Trinity, or Agent Smith and why?
2. What is one thing you would love to learn how to do? (stealing this question)
3. Overseas or Interstate holiday?
4. What is your dream job?
5. What is your favourite time of the day?
6. If money was not an issue, what would you be doing?
7. What is your best joke?
8. What is your favourite style of music?
9. What is your favourite hobby?
10. Which power would you prefer and why, invisibility or mind reading.
11. You are the Prime Minister of Australia for one month, what would you do?
 
I am handing the Liebster award on to some of my favourite peeps, some very newly discovered, some just quiet achievers, others you may have known for some time. Please show some loving support to these bloggers. I will add links to their Liebster posts when I receive them.

And the award now goes to...

Anje @ Anje At Home
Libby @ Willy B Mum
Charlie & Andy @ How to Be A Dad
Robyn @ MrsD Plus 3
Keven @ Just Kevin Blog   

No comments: